Sunday, October 17, 2010

Long Gone Sister...

That is where I've been... and where I have been. Gonerfest that is. Talk about a good time! Of course I went down to Memphis for the specific reason to see The Oblivians and The New Bomb Turks... and got to see many other great bands while I was there. Kalamazoo was in the house! And as far as I knew, only two other people from Chicago. Now I have to say a month later my body is still feeling the effects of that show. Someday I will have to slow down and realize that I'm not 18 anymore.

New Records:
WAY too many to list. But I can tell of some notable ones:

Slayer Vinyl Box Set
Moby Grape - Wow (First Pressing)
Ohio Express - Chewy Chewy
Love - Revisited
Mott The Hoople - Rock N Roll Queen
No Bunny - First Blood
Allman Brothers - Eat A Peach
The Marvelettes - Mr. Postman

It's funny as I start going through my collection, I forget what I have and what I don't. I need to create my own personal POS system to inventory my collection.

As far as equipment goes... I got a late 80s Gibson SG. No knock off... the real deal. And man does this thing play like butter! I can't wait to really bust it out!

Well... off to write for the other things that I need to really work on. It seems the older I get the more things I need to take care of and not enough time to do them all in. 2 1/2 jobs, 2 bands, severals pets, a home to take care of. I still find time in my life to keep on keepin' on!

R.N.R.H.K.
Angie

2 comments:

  1. My friend Andrea got me into Nobunny. I really like the album with the cover spoof of the Ramones' first record. Check the Hardcore Norfolk site for her review of Nobunny's latest. I could see myself acquiring some Allman Brothers one day, though I tend to prefer the heavy side of southern rock (Hatchet, Blackfoot, etc.). On the way home from the Smithereens show a couple months back, my buddy Shane (DS #1 cover artist!) popped in Slayer's Seasons In The Abyss. Hadn't heard the disc in its entirety since the '90s. I'll try to get their "Big Three" back in my stash soon. How's G.A.A.G. going? Are y'all modeling yourselves after MOTO? Wouldn't be a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never model myself after MOTO after Paul destroyed that band and screwed over my friends in it. He is not on the top of my list.....

    ReplyDelete